Transformation Tuesday: Healthy eating options for the holidays
NEW BLOOMFIELD —
As the holidays approach, parties, concerts, and gatherings fill our calendars. Healthy eating is often put aside as we grab a quick bite on the run.
Certified health coach and fitness trainer Angela Bax said there's many ways we can eat the foods we love and make "conscious" healthy choices at the same time.
- Avoid the “food room” unless it’s time to eat.
- Eat more vegetables than anything. Keep a 3 bite rule for everything else.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid sugary drinks on top of sugary treats.
- Bring something healthy to those parties! Veggie or fruit trays with healthy dips are good choices.
- Minimally eat out to avoid more excess calories
- Be prepared! Bring your lunch to work if you can
- Only keep healthy items in the home.
Other healthy alternatives include Greek yogurt over sour cream, protein ice cream over regular, and plant milk over dairy milk.