Man in hospital with serious burns after pouring gasoline on fire
A man is recovering in the hospital with serious burns after catching fire while trying to pour gasoline on a fire Wednesday evening.
According to the Mexico Department of Public Safety Facebook page, the Audrain Ambulance District and Mexico Public Safety Department responded to a call around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night in reference to a man who had been burned.
When officials arrived, they found a 28-year-old man from Arizona with significant burns to the majority of his body.
Officials said the man poured gasoline on a fire that was burning in a recreational fire pit. The fire traveled to the gas can and ignited the can as well as the man's clothing.
The Facebook post said a woman standing nearby also received burns to her legs.
Both people are recovering at University Hospital in Columbia.