MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Boone County family alive after serious overnight house fire

Boone County family alive after serious overnight house fire (Photo: MGN)

A Boone County family is alive after their house caught fire Friday morning.

Assistant Fire Chief Gale Blomenkamp said around 12:45 a.m. crews responded to a house fire in the area of Country Squire Court, just off North Creasy Springs Road.

Blomenkamp said when crews arrived they could see smoke coming from the home and flames in the kitchen.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and everyone including the pet dog made it out safely.

Blomenkamp said there are two important lessons to take away from Friday's early morning house fire.

First, the family had working smoke alarms that woke them up in their sleep.

Second, the family went to bed with their bedroom doors closed, keeping smoke and heat out of their bedrooms.

Blomenkamp said they believe an electrical cigarette charger was the cause of the fire.

The house fire caused around $100,000 in damage.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending