NOTICE, EFFECTIVE APRIL 27, 2017, THE CONTEST RULES WERE CHANGED TO CORRECT AN INADVERTENT ERROR IN THE PRIZE DESCRIPTION. THE CORRECT PRIZE HAS BEEN ACCURATELY PROMOTED ON AIR AND ONLINE THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST PERIOD
KRCG STAY FOCUSED ON THE ROAD CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: 2016-17 Stay Focused on the Road
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba KRCG
Station Address: KRCG, 10188 US Hwy 54, New Bloomfield, MO 65063
Contest Area: The State of Missouri.
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18).
Sponsor(s): Missouri Coalition for Roadway Safety, MoDot, The Missouri Transportation Commission, Joe Machens Capital City Ford.
Prize Provider(s): KRCG 13
Contest Period: September 8, 2016 to May 5, 2017
Entries Due: 5:00 PM CDT on April 21, 2017.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
Finalist Selection Date(s): April 21, 2017.
Total Number of Finalists: Thirteen (13)
Winner Determination Date: May 5, 2017.
Number of Grand Prize Winners on the Winner Determination Date: One (1)
Total Number of Grand Prize Winners for the Contest Period: One (1)
Grand Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) 2017 Ford Focus, approximate value $21,000. Winner will be notified of the actual value of the vehicle.
Station’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/krcgtv
Station’s Website: http://krcgtv.com/
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://krcgtv.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, reside in the Contest Area, able to provide evidence of automobile insurance, and must not have been convicted of a felony, DUI violation, drug offense, or any distracted while driving violations (texting, cell phone) as of May 5, 2017.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Enter, Qualify, and Win
1. To enter, log onto the Station’s website to complete an online entry form with your name, address, telephone number, birthdate, email address, and click “Submit.” No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Check the Stay Focused on the Road Pledge box before submitting your entry.
2. On the Finalist Selection Date, the Total Number of Finalists will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries. Finalists will be notified by email and/or phone call. As a condition of qualifying, each Finalist must allow for the Station and the Missouri Highway Patrol to conduct a criminal and driving records check. If a Finalist a) cannot be notified by phone within two (2) days, or b) has been convicted of a felony, DUI, drug offense, or driving while texting violation, then the Finalist will be disqualified, and an alternate Finalist will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of valid entries received.
3. Each Finalist must appear in person at the grand prize event on May 5, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. (Winner Determination Date), at Joe Machens Capital City Ford Lincoln, located at 807 Southwest Blvd, Jefferson City, MO 65109. Finalists who do not appear in person at the grand prize event will be disqualified, an alternate finalist will not be selected, and the number of keys will be reduced accordingly. At the grand prize event the Station will randomly select the name of each Finalist, one at a time, to select a key. The Finalists will then attempt to start the car. The Finalist whose key starts the car will be deemed the grand prize winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of Finalists present at the grand prize event.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. The winner of must have a valid Missouri state driver’s license and provide proof of automobile insurance. The winner is also responsible for any add-ons, insurance premiums, maintenance expenses, gasoline, and any other fees and expenses associated with the vehicle, including but not limited to, registration, tag, and title fees.
4. The winner will be notified in person. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.