Here's what you can win in this Super Bowl edition of Pigskin Picks (total value of over $500):
* A party sub from Jefferson City Sub Shop
* Five value meals from McDonald's
* a $25 gift certificate to J.Pfenny's
* a $25 gift certificate to Spectators
* a free service call, a $70 value, from Jeff City Appliance Service
* a $25 gift card (good anywhere), four Chiefs koozies and four Chiefs chip clips fromCentral Bank
* two rounds of golf, including cart, from Railwood Golf Club
* a $25 gift certificate to Turkey Creek
* a $25 gift certificate to Madison's
* a $25 gift certificate to Ecco Lounge
* a $25 gift certificate to Towne Grill
* a $25 gift certificate to River City Florist
* a $25 gift certificate to Tolson Drug
* a $25 gift certificate to Samuel's Tuxedo
* a $25 gift certificate to Paddy Malone's
* eight free games of bowling from Westgate Lanes
* a free oil change from Mid-Mo Auto in Holts Summit
* a year's subscription to Jefferson City Magazine
First and foremost, a big thank you to all these businesses who made this possible! How great are they and how great is this?
Okay, here's all you need to do --- just answer the questions below and send your picks firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to 5 p.m. Sunday.
1. Winner: Niners or Ravens.
2. Team to score first: Niners or Ravens.
3. First score of the game: Touchdown or field goal. Safeties don't count (although lo and behold, the first score of last year's Super Bowl was a safety.) If your choice for the first score is extra point, you can stop reading here.
4. Will there be a score in the game's first seven minutes?: Yes or no.
5. Will there be a score in the game's final two minutes?: Yes or no.
6. (First tiebreaker): Total points in the game
7. (Second tiebreaker): Total yards in the game
The winner will be announced on the air by ROD SMITH in the days following the game. If you need Super Bowl guidance, you should probably look elsewhere. But below are the KRCG sports staff predictions, based on order of importance as decided by me.
Good luck ... and thanks for playing this season!
ROD SMITH: Coach Harbaugh will win Super Bowl XLVII, you can take that to the bank. I'd like to see former Tigers Justin Smith and Aldon Smith win a Super Bowl, but this might be the Ravens year. Baltimore has found ways to beat better teams, Denver and New England. RAVENS 24, NINERS 21.
The Ravens have put together a great postseason run, but you can't pick against a team with two Missouri Tigers. Justin Smith finally makes a Super Bowl after 12 years in the league, and wins. NINERS 28, RAVENS 17.
T.J. FENSKE: Ray Lewis announcing his retirement has inspired a great playoff run for the Ravens, but it stops here. The 49ers have the offense and defense to pull out the win. NINERS 31, RAVENS 27.
Perhaps Everybody Loves Raymond, but not everybody loves Ray Lewis. But then, haven't we all been charged with murder and then later cleared? Life and football happen. RAVENS 20, NINERS 17.