Update: Certification hearing not set in case against teen

Update: Wednesday, July 28 at 5:38 p.m.

The certification hearing for the 12-year-old boy accused of killing his mother and step-father has not been set yet.

Camdenton County Juvenile Authorities said that they are collecting school records along with existing records from children TMs services.

After examining the records, juvenile authorities will present a recommendation at the certification hearing, which will determine if he will be tried as an adult.

Watch KRCG video coverage of the juvenile accused of killing his parents

Update: Thursday, July 8 at 1:30 p.m.

A Circuit Judge ruled that a 12 year-old boy accused of murder should stay locked-up until at least his next court hearing Thursday morning at the Miller County Courthouse.

The boy is accused of shooting to death his mother and step-father at their mobile home in Kaiser, Mo. on Monday.

During a detention hearing in Tuscumbia, the judge ruled the juvenile should remain in custody at the Mary Dickerson Juvenile Justice Center in Camdenton, Mo., pending a certification hearing.

The certification hearing has not been scheduled. During the certification hearing, a judge will decide whether the boy should be tried as an adult on two charges of first degree murder for the deaths of Rachael Duncan and Jaeson Duncan.

According to Chief Juvenile Officer Tammy Walden, there is no time frame for when a certification hearing has to be held.On the night of the murder, neighbors said that the boy told them he was being abused.

The Children's Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services will not comment if they have ever been called to the home.

Original Story:

A detention hearing is scheduled for Thursday for the 12-year-old Kaiser boy accused of murdering his mother and step-father.

Police were called to the Palace Estates mobile home park just before midnight Monday. When they arrived, police found Jaeson and Rachael Duncan shot to death.

The boy is being held at the Mary Dickerson Juvenile Justice Center in Camdenton. Chief Juvenile Officer Tammy Walden said the boy seems to be doing just fine, considering the trauma he's suffered.

She said the court hearing Thursday will consider several factors to determine the boy's trial path.

"He will have what is called a detention hearing, the sole purpose of that hearing is to determine the necessity for continued detention," Walden said. "It is not a hearing on the underlying charges. Then at some point in the future the court will have to have a hearing to determine whether or not he will be certified to stand trial as an adult or whether the case will proceed in a juvenile court."

Officials said the boy was evaluated by a psychologist last night to make sure he was not a threat to himself. They also said family members have visited the boy at the detention center and have been supportive.

Authorities said the boys four siblings are staying with family.