Update: Federal marshals shot in St. Louis stand-off

The sister of Carlos Boles goes on live TV to make a plea to her brother.

Update: Wednesday, March 9 at 8:30 a.m.:

The U.S. Marshals Service out of Washington said a deputy marshal shot in the head during Tuesday's gun battle in St. Louis has died of his wounds.The agency says Deputy U.S. Marshal John Perry died of gunshot wounds at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Saint Louis University Hospital. The 48-year-old Perry had been with the U.S. Marshals for almost 10 years. The suspect, Carlos Boles was killed in the exchange. The other two law enforcement officers survived. Update: Tuesday, March 8 at 6:15 p.m.:

Authorities in St. Louis said they were trying to arrest Carlos Boles, 35, on assault and drug possession charges.

The charges stem from an October incident. According to court documents, Boles punched an officer in the neck as the officer tried to arrest him for drug possession.

Police say Boles opened fire and shot one U.S. marshal in the head and wounded two other law enforcement officers.

The marshal shot in the head is in critical condition. Another marshal is having surgery after getting shot in an ankle. A police officer was grazed by a bullet, which sent him toppling down stairs.

Officers returned fire, killing Boles.

KTVI in St. Louis is reporting Boles told his sister he was going out in a body bag.

She spoke with KTVI on live TV before she knew the fate of her brother. She pleaded with him not to die easily.

"We don't need to bury you. That's what we don't need. We ain't tryin' to bury you at all," his sister said during the live report.

A witness said there were 3 children inside the home. They were taken to a neighbor TMs house before the shooting started.

It TMs not clear whether the children are his, but his sister did plead for Boles to live for his babies.

He must live for his babies. Whether he's on the streets, whether he's incarcerated, we still want him to be here, she said. We don't want him to give up his life easy like this. We really don't. The damage is done, it's over. You know, sometimes we just have to let it be."

Original Story:

Two federal marshals and a police officer were shot during a gunfight that left another man wounded early Monday at a house in St. Louis, city police said.St. Louis station KMOV is reporting the suspect has died in a standoff with police at a house on the south side of St. Louis.St. Louis police confirmed in a statement that a "male suspect is deceased." The statement did not explain how the man was killed.A spokesman for the US Marshals Service, Jeff Carter, says two deputy U.S. marshals and one task force officer were shot and wounded in a gunfight at the property earlier Tuesday.A hospital spokeswoman says one marshal is in critical condition and the other is in fair condition.But KMOV reports one of the U.S. Marshals has died.

We'll have updates on this story as they become available.

(The Associated Press contributed to this story.)