Mon, 14 Dec 2009 03:13:44 GMT — A Lake area homeowner was lucky this weekend. A fire ignited the outside of their house Saturday afternoon, but did not make its way indoors. The Osage Beach Fire Department says the fire on Winn Road in Osage Beach was put out within minutes of the fire crews arrival. Investigators determed the fire was started by discarded smoking material; those sparks ignited nearby leaves and then spread to the home's cedar exterior. No one was injured in the fire. Damage to the house is estimated at about $3,000. The fire also damaged the electric service meter and the main power supply to the house.
KRCG offers coverage of news, sports, weather and local events in the Columbia and Jefferson City, Missouri area, including the communities of New Bloomfield, Shaw, Boonville, Ashland, Hallsville, Sturgeon, Centralia, Mexico, Auxvasse, Fulton, California, Tipton, Eldon, Wardsville, Westphalia and Sedalia, Missouri.