One dead in Sunrise Beach house fire
SUNRISE BEACH —
One person died in a fire at Sunrise Beach early Friday morning.
Fire Chief Dennis Reilly said just before 1:30 a.m. Friday, they were called to a fire on Old Sunrise Acres Drive.
Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District firefighters arrived at the scene to find fire coming through the roof. When the flames were under control, emergency responders discovered the body of the resident inside the home.
A man had died in the fire, according to the news release. The agency is not releasing his name at this time.
Firefighters believe that the fire may have been caused by a faulty wood stove and that it was an accidental fire.