MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Middle school students evacuated for gas leak

Students returned to class around 8 a.m. (FILE){ }

A gas odor caused students at Lewis and Clark Middle School were evacuated Tuesday morning.

Jefferson City Public Schools spokesperson Amy Berendzen said the incident happened before 7 a.m. Upon arrival to school, students were directed to the football field where they gathered in grade levels with their advisory teachers.

"The Jefferson City Fire Department and Ameren UE assessed the situation and found that a gas valve had inadvertently been bumped in a science classroom, causing the odor," Berendzen said.

The students were allowed back in the building and returned to class around 8 a.m.



Trending