Man shot by law enforcement near Fulton

Updated: Monday, April 2, 2012 at 9:15 p.m.

Timothy Simpson was Rose Simpson's nephew. She says when officers arrived he had the gun pointed at his head--he was apparently upset with his girl-friend. Police say he pointed the gun in their direction, and that's when they fired but we don't know yet know how many shots were fired.

Simpson says too many, "They did do something, they took my nephew, they took my brothers son, and no matter what he did, who he was, you have no right to shoot that many times".

We asked if Simpson fired his weapon and if some of the shell casings could have been from his weapon, â??No he did not, not while the officers were around no he did not", Simpson told us.

At the trailer next door we counted nearly two dozen bullet holes. But, authorities haven't said how many shots came from the two officers on the scene.

Sgt. Paul Reinsch told us, "At this point in time we're just going to wait for the interviews to be completed and hopefully get that autopsy report in as soon as possible".

Simpson did not live at the home.

The trooper and the Callaway County deputy are on administrative leave per department policy.

Updated: Monday, April 2, 2012 at 11:45 a.m.

A man was killed by law enforcement officers Monday morning.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol said at about 6 a.m. troopers and Callaway County Deputies responded to a disturbance at the Green Meadows Trailer park in Fulton.

The initial report said someone was inside the trailer park firing a gun into the air.

When officers got to the scene they found 34-year-old Timothy Simpson of Williamsburg with a weapon.

The Highway Patrol said Simpson first pointed his weapon at himself and then in the direction of officers.

That's when officers fatally shot him.

The incident is under investigation.

Original Story:

A man was killed this morning in Callaway County.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol tells us a trooper and a Callaway County Deputy responded to an incident at a trailer park near Fulton, when they got there, there was some type of dispute and the deputy and trooper fired at an armed 35-year-old man, killing him.

Weâ??ll have more on this story as soon as we get more information.