component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      30
      Saturday
      24 / 18
      Sunday
      37 / 30
      Monday
      48 / 33

      Man dead after "huffing" propane vapors

      File Photo

      Update: Tuesday, November 29th at 11:20 a.m.: The Maries County Sheriff's Department said 41-year-old Keith A. Wood died Sunday after inhaling propane vapors.The Sheriff's Department said the night before he was being held on a 12 hour safe keeping for being intoxicated.

      Original Story: An Owensville man is dead, after an apparent "huffing" incident in Maries County.On Sunday, Sheriff's Deputies were called to the Union Hill Baptist Church for a reported break-in.When they arrived, they found a man, who had been released from the Maries County Jail the night before. The man had vented the propane tank and was inhaling the expelling propane.It appeared he had passed out and died. The Sheriff's Department has not released his name or age.The Maries County Sheriff's Department says "huffing" or inhaling volatile substances is becoming increasing popular, especially among 12 to 14 year olds.Officers say teens use it because it's a cheaper high, but say it's very deadly.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER