68 / 44
      72 / 50
      80 / 58

      Man and woman found dead in Jefferson City motel room

      46-year-old Sandra S. Rogers

      Two people were found dead from potential heroin overdoses in a Jefferson City motel room Sunday morning.

      Around 11:30 a.m., Jefferson City Police were called to the America's Best Value Inn at 1624 Jefferson Street. A housekeeper told police they found a dead man and woman in one of the rooms.

      Officers discovered that narcotics were being used in the room and the deaths may have been from an apparent heroin overdose.

      Michael Rogers, 55, and Sandra S. Rogers, 46, have been identified by police as the deceased.

      The investigation is ongoing and KRCG 13 will provide details as soon as they become available.