Columbia fire officials said a pan of hot cooking oil caught fire. When the two tried to carry it outside, the splattering grease burned them.
Thu, 02 May 2013 02:35:37 GMT — A man and a woman were injured Wednesday afternoon after a grease fire started on a stove.Columbia fire officials said a pan of hot cooking oil caught fire. When the two tried to carry it outside, the splattering grease burned them.Both were taken by ambulance from Columbia Crossing Apartments to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.Firefighters put out the fire with a hand-held fire extinguisher. Damage to the apartment was estimated at $3,000.If a grease fire begins while you are cooking, use a lid to smother the flame and turn off the stove. Leave the pan covered until it's completely cooled.
This stations Social Feeds are currently unavailable
This stations Twitter Social Feed is currently unavailable
This stations Facebook Social Feed is currently unavailable
KRCG offers coverage of news, sports, weather and local events in the Columbia and Jefferson City, Missouri area, including the communities of New Bloomfield, Shaw, Boonville, Ashland, Hallsville, Sturgeon, Centralia, Mexico, Auxvasse, Fulton, California, Tipton, Eldon, Wardsville, Westphalia and Sedalia, Missouri.