A Callaway County family is left with nothing this morning after their home was burned to the ground.
Their double-wide trailer on County Road 116, near Route Z, caught fire late Thursday night.
A resident told us her shed near the home caught fire.
The fire then spread to the mobile home.
She said while her family and animals are ok, they've lost everything else.
â??Itâ??s a total loss, everything, the roof is gone, and everything is just gone. If itâ??s not gone, then it's water logged or has smoke damaged,â?? Callaway County Resident Linda Douglas said.
While battling the fire, the roof collapsed on two firefighters, who were not injured.
Douglas and fire officials think an electrical problem caused the fire. The American Red Cross is helping Douglas and her family.
Monetary donations are being collected at Callaway Bank in the Douglas family's name, and clothing is being accepted at the Southside Baptist Church in Fulton:
(Two girls) Sizes 12 or 14
(Boy) Size 16, Husky
Size 38, Men's
Size 12, Large