Fire destroyed a Boone County home Thursday night.
The family came home to find smoke coming out of their home in the 1300-block of Route E and the front door too hot to touch.
Firefighters were able to put out the fire but before they did it burned a 15x20â?? hole in the floor, only about three-feet from the front door.
Gale Bloomingkamp with the Boone County Fire District told KRCG 13 no one was hurt, in part because both the homeowner and firefighters did not go in the front door.
The home is a total loss with damages estimated to be more than $100,000.