62 / 50
      63 / 40
      46 / 36

      Fire at Fulton Walmart

      Updated: August 8, 2011 at 9:10 pm

      The Fulton Fire Department said an electrical malfunction in the display meat cooler is to blame for the fire Monday evening at Fulton TMs Wal-Mart.

      Fulton TMs Wal-Mart was evacuated around 6 pm after light smoke was spotted in the store.

      Employees got to the flames first.

      The Fulton Fire Department assisted after that.

      Wires that were arcing in a display cabinet are to blame for the cause of the fire.

      "Employees used a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire. When we arrived we killed the electric and the arcing stopped, Fulton Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Coffelt said.

      Coffelt said there were no injuries, and he estimates the damage to be about $5,000.

      The store re-opened about an hour after the fire.

      Original Story:

      The Fulton Fire Department confirmed there was a fire at Walmart on Business 54 North.

      Officials said the fire is out and crews are on the scene.

      One shopper we spoke with said the store was evacuated and everyone was told to go home.

      We have a reporter going to the scene and will have more details as they become available.