MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family safe after dryer fire

Update: Monday June 13 at 10:15 a.m.: Firefighters said a blocked vent pipe caused Sunday night's dryer fire in North Columbia.Crews said there were two adults and three children home at the time of the blaze. All were able to escape unharmed. The family was able to return into the house after the smoke was vented from the home.Damage estimates are less than $2500. Original Story:

A family is safe this morning after their clothes dryer caught fire late Sunday night.

The fire broke out around 11 p.m. at a duplex in the 1500 block of Citadel Drive, off of Brown School Road in North Columbia.

Neighbors say the family was in bed when the started smelling smoke. They found their clothes dryer on fire.

Reports say everyone got out safe, including 4 children.

Smoke could be seen coming from the duplex before fire crews got on scene.

Columbia and Boone County firefighters arrived quickly and soon extinguished the fire.

Trending