87
      Wednesday
      92 / 69
      Thursday
      91 / 70
      Friday
      90 / 69

      Dryer catches fire at Columbia senior center

      Columbia firefighters responded to Lenoir Woods Senior Living Center around 8:00 a.m. and were able to contain the fire to the dryer.

      Crews are cleaning up the laundry room area of a Columbia senior center after a dryer caught fire Monday morning.

      Columbia firefighters responded to the call at Lenoir Woods Senior Living Center around 8:00 a.m. and were able to contain the fire to the dryer. Fire officials and Lenoir Woods staff were able to move some occupants around and did not have to evacuate the building.

      According to Columbia Fire Division Chief Terry Cassil, one employee was treated for smoke inhalation on the scene. No one else was injured.