Crews have difficult time putting out dumpster fire
Mon, 08 Nov 2010 13:44:06 GMT —
Columbia fire units responded to the 1400 block of Grindstone Parkway for a fire at the Goodwill store Sunday.
Firefighters found flames coming from a large dumpster that was attached to a trash compactor on the loading dock.
Because of the construction of the container, crews weren't able to extinguish the fire.
Solid Waste Department was sent to pick up the dumpster, and the fire department followed the smoldering dumpster to a landfill where it could be unloaded and extinguished.
No one was injured and there was no damage to the newly built store.