Columbia gas leak causes inconvenience
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:44:23 GMT —
A gas leak near Stephens Stables in Columbia caused the evacuations of a small number of neighborhood residents Tuesday afternoon.
According to Columbia Fire Department Captain John Metz, just after 1:00, a Water and Light crew was working on a water line at Hinkson and William streets when they ruptured a buried gas line.
Metz says a few surrounding houses were evacuated, including a 12-unit apartment building.
Crews from Ameren UE arrived and fixed the rupture in about an hour and a half, and residents were back in their homes by 2:30.