Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:33:13 GMT — Cigarettes could be to blame for an early morning fire at the Lake of the Ozarks. Firefighters were called to a building at the Towers at Parkview Bay at 2 a.m. Thursday. When they got to the condo complex, there were heavy flames coming through the roof of the building. Units from Osage Beach were assisted by Lake Ozark Fire, Mid County Fire, Sunrise Beach Fire, Camdenton Fire, Osage Beach Ambulance, Osage Beach PD and Eldon Fire. It took firefighters about an hour to get the fire under control. A firefighter suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from the hospital. The building has 16 units, three of them suffered heavy fire damage and eight suffered water damage. Firefighters said the building was only about 30-percent occupied at the time of the fire. Authorities believed discarded cigarettes caused the fire.
This stations Social Feeds are currently unavailable
This stations Twitter Social Feed is currently unavailable
This stations Facebook Social Feed is currently unavailable
KRCG offers coverage of news, sports, weather and local events in the Columbia and Jefferson City, Missouri area, including the communities of New Bloomfield, Shaw, Boonville, Ashland, Hallsville, Sturgeon, Centralia, Mexico, Auxvasse, Fulton, California, Tipton, Eldon, Wardsville, Westphalia and Sedalia, Missouri.