72
      Friday
      93 / 70
      Saturday
      92 / 69
      Sunday
      92 / 71

      Authorities say an exhaust motor fan caused Woodland Scenics Fire

      Just a day after a massive fire left part of Woodland Scenics in rubble, it was back to work for employees in Linn Creek.

      They were able to work in parts of the plant not damaged by fire, which authorities said started because of an electrical issue.

      Osage Beach Fire Chief Jeff Dorheauer said an exhaust motor fan is to blame.

      Friday, crews spent the day picking up the pieces.

      While Woodland Scenic's employees sifted through the debris, electricians made sure the area was safe from live wires and firefighters inspected the area to make sure nothing would reignite.

      Neighbors said the scene Thursday night was like something out of a movie.

      "I saw flames shooting out of the top of the roof," neighbor Brandon Smith said.

      Thursday night nearly a dozen fire departments from around the area responded and Smith said they were there until the early hours of Friday morning.

      "It was just smoke, just a lot of smoke and you could see fire right of of the top part of it," neighbor Jim Fisher said.

      Fisher lives next door to the plant.

      "It's a significant impact to us, and it would be a big loss if we lost them," Fisher said.

      Woodland Scenics is the largest employer in Linn Creek.

      It manufactures model railroad scenery supplies and employs about 150-people.

      But while the damage looked extensive the owners said none of their employees will be out of a job because of it.

      "I was glad to hear they were going to use most of their own help for the clean-up and rebuilding it," Fisher said.

      Both Fisher and Smith said they hope Woodland Scenics rebuilds and prospers in the future.

      Fire departments responded from as far away as Columbia Thursday afternoon.