Jefferson Awards Official Contest Rules
KRCG 13 JEFFERSON AWARDS ONLINE PHOTO VOTING
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: KRCG 13 JEFFERSON AWARDS
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba KRCG
Station Address: KRCG, 10188 US Hwy 54, New Bloomfield, Mo 65063
Contest Area: Chariton, Randolph, Audrain, Montgomery, Howard, Boone, Callaway, Cooper, Moniteau, Cole, Osage, Maries, Miller, Morgan
Age of Eligibility (entrants and nominees): Fourteen (14).
Sponsor(s): Carson and Coil, 515 East High Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101
Prize Provider(s): KRCG 13 and the Jefferson Awards Foundation
Contest Period: April 25, 2016 to November 17, 2016.
Entries Due: May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September 15, October 20, November 17, 2016.
Entry is limited to one entry per IP address.
Nomination Topic: Outstanding personal acts or impact in the community.
Judging Criteria: Newsworthiness (34%), impact within the community (33%), and personal actions (33%).
Monthly Winner Determination Dates: May 20, June 16, July 21, August 19, September 16, October 21, and November 18, 2016.
Grand Prize Winner Determination Date: November 18, 2016.
Total Number of Winners Per Month: One (1).
Total Number of Monthly Winners: Seven (7).
Total Number of Grand Prize Winners: One (1).
Prize(s) and Value(s): Monthly prize: a special framed letter, a Jefferson Awards Medallion and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Stations' newscast. Monthly winners may also be featured in an on-air promotion vignette and congratulations promotion. The value of the monthly prize cannot be determined. Grand prize: a trip for two (2) to Washington to represent Jefferson City/Columbia at the National Jefferson Awards Ceremonies on June 14, 2017. Travel arrangements including two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), transportation, meals, and roundtrip airline (economy class) will be provided by The Jefferson Awards Foundation and will contact the grand prize winner directly. Grand prize winner must abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the Jefferson Awards Foundation. The grand prize winner will be eligible for consideration for a national Jaqueline Kennedy Onassis award as determined by the Board of Jefferson Award Foundation, subject to its policies, terms and conditions. The grand prize winner will be notified of the actual value of the trip.
Station's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/krcgtv
Station's Website: http://krcgtv.com/
Station's Website Terms and Conditions: http://krcgtv.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, log onto the Station's Website, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, name of nominee, address of nominee, describe why the nominee submitted for the Nomination Topic should win, and click submit. By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant, is eligible to win the prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic.
On the Monthly Winner Determination Date(s), the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners Per Month with the highest score(s) based on the criteria set forth above. On the Grand Prize Winner Determination Date, the Total Number of Grand Prize Winners will be determined by the judges based on the Judging Criteria from among the Total Number of Monthly Winners.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the "Company"), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries (including photographs) received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including photographs) become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided "as is" without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. Any trip related prizes are subject to advance reservation, availability and black-out dates, and do not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, travel insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. The Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible for winner's failure to take the trip by the Prize Provider's expiration date, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner's release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of winner's notification.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner as the entrant with the next highest number of valid votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant's name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station's Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station's control.